The newest BeeFoster nursery proves that big things come in small packages
Meet the Beestra... a smaller bee nursery that can still fit almost 600 bee larvae at full capacity. It's perfect for the average garden or front lawn: cute but unobtrusive, with all the features that ensure bees' comfort and safety:
- Water-Resistant corrugated material with mineral coating
- Multiple straw sizes to accommodate multiple bee species
- Proper length to ensure ideal egg-laying conditions
- Overhang for weather protection
- Screen for predator protection
- Blue and purple colors attract bees
- Can fit virtually anywhere
This Beestra was up for less than a week when bees started to move in. Its screen and overhang protect the fragile nests from disturbance, while the flower-like flourish encourages bees to set up shop in one of the many straws sized for native species.
Good for bees, good for the environment
Here at BeeFoster, we care deeply about our planet- that's why we want to save pollinators! To that end, we are happy to announce that the Beestra is nearly plastic-free! The only plastic in our product is in the small amount of adhesive necessary to hold it together. Otherwise, it is entirely made of paper and metal, making it a great choice for those who care about using recyclable and compostable materials.